Thursday, December 1, 2011

Saying Bye To India.. by Emily


Saying Bye To India..

Teaching the girls at Nishtha was an amazing and rewarding experience but it was nice to spend the last couple days in India just hanging out with the team at Tiger Camp. Tiger Camp is a resort where you stay in little huts and try to see the endangered Bengali Tiger. From Kolkata we took a bumpy four hour bus ride and then a two hour long boat ride to get to camp right on the Bay of Bengal. At tiger camp we went on long boat rides searching for tigers during the day. Even though we didn't see any real tigers we did see alligators, deers, and lots of monkeys. Last night we saw the local drama about the legend of the Sunderbans. Even though it was in Bengali it was still cool to see how different our cultures are. Its going to be hard to leave such an amazing place that I have learned to love so much. Just coming here for two weeks has changed my perspective on so many things. The people of India have been such examples in my life and have taught me so much about being happy with what you have. I already miss the Nishtha girls and saying goodbye to them has definitely been the hardest thing I have had to do here. This group of teens and adult leaders is amazing and we have worked so well together. Although I am excited to come back and see my family, I will miss everything about India. See you soon!

-EMILY HUNTSMAN

1 comment:

  1. emily i miss you can't wait to see you in a couple of hours!!!
    love, mae

    ReplyDelete